Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Road with Blue Flowers


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas panel
Available through DPW gallery/auction

This is another painting done for the VPO visit to the Azores. The original link can be found by clicking here

This scene had so much in it for me - the sky & clouds, the trees, the blue flowers, the road & the shadows cast on the road. When I found this I knew immediately I would paint it as one of my submissions.

I love exploring the Azores. What a gorgeous place for scenery  with those blue flowers so abundant. It seemed that I would find them everywhere - and I mean everywhere! Along roads, in the hills, lining walkways of homes. If the hydrangea is not their country's declared flower, it should be!

I couldn't think of a clever name for this, so called it simply what it is - a road with blue flowers!

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

That is indeed a gorgeous road, Nancie. I am immediately drawn in and I couldn't pick out why. I love hydrangeas. I love trees and roads lined with them make me want to enter any time. Throw in that magnificent sky and it is just truly heavenly.

Karla said...

This is really beautiful Nuance! The tree is fabulous.

Angela Sullivan said...

Hi Nan, Love all those blue flowers. Beautiful painting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...