Sunday, June 2, 2013

Painted Landscape


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas panel
Available through DPW gallery/auction

This is a bit different for me .... this is an adaptation of Lee Brown's monthly challenge for May. You can see the original image & other submissions by clicking here.

I decided to do things a bit different than my usual style. This is loose, painterly and with lots of color -- rather than the tight details I tend to do. I just felt like "playing" with the paint on the brushes. The painting doesn't show it, but the paint is a bit thick in spots & that gives things a bit more texture.

I almost tossed this one twice. I was having trouble with "seeing" the style I wanted in it - that detail voice kept saying "looks like cr*p cause it doesn't have the details." Boy, it's hard to silence that old voice, isn't it?

But I kept working it, and I like it now. That detail voice still speaks though, but now it says "oh, ok, but you should do it again with the details!" 

Any other artists have that internal voice that is so hard to keep quiet? :)



2 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour ma chère,

Il est parfois bien difficile de changer une écriture, son écriture !...
j'aime beaucoup votre interprétation. Une très belle peinture.
Gros bisous à vous.

Autumn Leaves said...

I just realized I didn't see this post, Nan! I love this piece; one of my favorites actually. Not sure why...the old building, I believe. I'm always drawn to them. This is beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...