Sunday, May 5, 2013

Dogwood Blossoms


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas panel
Available through DPW gallery/auction

My mother always loved the Dogwood tree. The lovely white blossoms were such a beautiful sign of spring. She had said when I was growing up, "one day when we buy a house, we will plant a white Dogwood tree in the front yard."

We bought our house when I was 14 years old, but although my parents lived there for 10 years before they died, my mother never got her wish to plant that tree. Ironically, when I bought my first home years later, it had a white Dogwood tree in the front yard.

I painted this with my mother in mind. I am a week early, but Happy Mothers Day mom!


1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

It is a beautiful painting, Nan. I love that you had your mother in mind while painting it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...