Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Bend in the Road - SOLD


Acrylic on 8x10 canvas panel
Prints available through Fine Art America

This month the VPO travels to Lido di Jeloso, which is  part of Italy. The original google link can be seen here.

 I almost did not make it into this months VPO, as it is I am very late. But I did like this area quite a bit, and wanted to find a piece of scenery to paint (rather than within town). This row of tall cypress caught my attention, along with the road & large tree. 

This piece is sold, in fact it sold while it was still drying by a friend who came to the house that day. I think this is the first time a piece has sold before I posted it online! This is one of those paintings that sort of painted itself, with everything falling in place the first time. No going back over an area, and no second-guessing the color or value. I enjoyed painting this one!

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

This is beautiful, Nancie! Congratulations on the fast sale too; that has to feel awesome. Love the way you've placed your signature in this one too.

irinapictures said...

I like the shapes very much here, and of course so glad about the sale.
Your dedication to art and painting is a great moving example for me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...