Sunday, March 17, 2013

Rustic Siding


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas panel
Email me if interested in this painting

Fifth in the series "1934 Oradell Houses" - reserved for future show

I have no idea what color these homes were, it is so hard to decipher from a black & white photo. I know this home was dark, so I decided to go the red-brown coloring. It has a rather rustic feel to it, hence the title of this.

Love that porch on the right hand side that appears to be screened in, as well as the entire front porch. And the greenery everywhere was apparent in the photo. One thing I noticed in 1934 - people loved their yards & plantings! Here is the original black & white photo:



Unfortunately, the road this is located on (Midland Road) is not mapped in Google, so I don't have a link to how it looks today.

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

These historic homes are always just so beautiful to me. I can almost feel the breeze that would blow those gauzy sheers in the windows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...