Tuesday, January 22, 2013

30 in 30 days - Day 21 - Frozen Stream


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas panel
Available through DPW gallery/auction

This painting is a remake of one I have hanging on my wall, which was a remake from a Christmas Card I once received. Each remake gets further removed from the original as I add trees, take more out, and adjust colors. The photo doesn't show this very well, but the trees & background have blotches of iridescent gold mixed in. The background has that "pink" that I saw over the weekend in the sky upstate. I knew when I saw the pink that I would be using it again (and maybe again) before this challenge was over. I also "re-found" my iridescent colors, so I'm playing with them again. Not sure what I will create this evening for tomorrows post, but I still have these colors out & fresh in my mind, so we shall see.

Also, when the 30 day challenge is over I think I will "re-find" my sketching & drawing. I've been away from it for quite awhile - oh, I do quick sketches before I paint, but I want to get back to using a sketchbook & lead pencil. A suggestion to do it during my commute was great (thanks Sea Dean again) - I probably can't do it very well while I'm on the bus or train (standing), but I can probably do it while I'm sitting/standing & waiting. I think it would be a good way to maybe ease the stress of the day too. Once spring is back, I can go out & take lunchtime walks in the area where I work (now that all the generators & pumps from Sandy are gone) - maybe the Battery Park will be open to people again by then. I know I'm jumping the dates a bit to talk about Spring, but did you know that once we pass the Winter equinox (Dec 21st) the amount of daylight increases by approx 1 minute each day! That means we already have 30 minutes more daylight than we had right before the holidays - not that I'm counting! LOL  - keep warm all!



1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

I do so love that pink sky, Nancie. Personally I love the short days and earlier darkness. It just speaks to my need for closeness at home.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...