Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Autumn Leftover - SOLD


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas panel
Available through DPW gallery/auction

Recently, while traveling in a car, I was sitting in the passenger seat just staring out at the trees going past. Woods and forests have always fascinated me, even when traveling past at 70 mph. At this time of year the trees are bare - well, most of the trees. There is always some in the woods that I see still with leaves attached. It's usually the smaller ones that are tucked in among the larger trees - their autumn leftover leaves catching the light. Their color is now more brownish that the strong fall colors - but it is always a stark contrast to the backdrop of tree trunks & branches. The first snow will collect on the branches & even the leftover leaves, but still they cling. That is what I tried to capture here. 

2 comments:

Jean Nelson Paintings and Photography said...

You have depicted this phenomena beautifully, Nan. I really like this painting. Nice work.

Autumn Leaves said...

Glad to know such wonders capture the thoughts of others as it does my own. This is just delightful and I do so love the perseverance of these leaves.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...