Saturday, November 3, 2012

Waterfront Property - SOLD


This is my contribution to the DPW Paintworks Hurricane Sandy fundraiser. This is acrylic, 6x12 linen on hardboard. 100% of the proceeds on this auction will go to the American Red Cross. (and free shipping!)


For those of you who are not aware, I am a New Jerseyan. Born & raised in New Jersey - still live here today. This is where I reside, where I make camp, where I roost. It is where I grew up, where I learned to drive, where I went to school. This is my home, my turf, my place. And the Jersey Shore is a place where I grew up.

The past week has been a difficult one. I don't think I can find a better word to describe things other than difficult. Resiliency, determination, pride & endurance -- just a few other words I can use right now to describe my fellow Jerseyans. But they do need your help, please head over to the DPW fundraiser & "donate" - you'll receive a wonderful painting in return (if not mine, then choose another - there are many wonderful paintings up for auction). Thank you!

6 comments:

martinealison said...

Une peinture qui vous honore ma chère Nancy... Une belle oeuvre remplie de sérénité.

Une pensée particulière pour l'ensemble de toutes les victimes de cette catastrophe.
Gros bisous

Jean Nelson Paintings and Photography said...

This must have been a bittersweet painting to do, Nan. Such a lovely painting of a lovely beach. Hope they return to this beautiful condition soon.

Jane said...

The painting is gorgeous and shows a fantastic shoreline, beautiful light and sense of distance !

Kathleen said...

Glad to see you show up online! I've thought about you and was hoping you and yours were okay. Can't imagine how difficult this must be and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your neighbors. I'm so sorry for all your losses... Got an email this morning that my donated painting has a bid with the proceeds going to the Red Cross also. What a wonderful thing that DPW has put together and it feels good to be able to help at least in a small way.

Autumn Leaves said...

I too was born in New Jersey so a big piece of my heart goes out to all of you. Thank you for donating your painting, Nancy. It is beautiful.

Nan Johnson said...

Thank you all. Good to be getting back to normal. Still no phone, TV or internet at the house (but have power now!) - and Monday will be the first day back at the day job. Little by little. Thank you again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...