Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Waterfall - SOLD


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas sheet
Available through DPW gallery/auction

Previously painted in July of 2009, this was done for a landscape challenge on the Wet Canvas website. Trying to capture running water is a challenge, and getting "color" into the water is also a challenge. With this painting I tried to capture not only the color within the water that was ponding at the base of the falls, but also put some color within the moving water - hopefully to create the look of movement. Turned out to be a great deal of fun. And I love to paint the rocks - all those warm browns with the cool greens around. I forgot how much I like to paint moving water! Will put that on my "to do again" list!

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Have to admit that this is a new favorite, Nan. This is gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...