Tuesday, June 19, 2012

3 Amigos


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas mounted on hardboard
Available through DPW gallery/auction

Done in the 'shapes' style that I often do with still life paintings, these 3 amigos (cherries) were painted back in 2010. The highlights are not entirely white - lavender is in there, playing against the luscious reds. Even the background has the 'shapes' of light, as well as the cast shadows of the fruit. But it's the stems, I think, that makes this whole image work!

This was painted on a primed canvas sheet which, on the suggestion from a potential buyer of my work, was mounted on hardboard. Turned out to not be all that difficult to do! I will do more of my pieces this way, I think, as it seems to give it a more polished & professional look. 


1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Nancie, you have succeeded in making me want cherries. Well done piece!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...