Friday, March 9, 2012

Stone House - SOLD


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas sheet
Available through DPW gallery/auction

Done in January 2010 for the VPO challenge in Corsica France. I am sorry to say that I do not have the original link in Google maps for this one. If I did, you would find that this scene is a small piece of a much larger landscape. I wanted to paint that stone work combined with the sticks & twigs, and then surrounded by the lush greenery. I remember wondering as I started this painting "how was I ever going to handle the stonework of the buidling?" At this time, I wanted to always strive for realistic painting - which I think I once explained was very stressful for me. This painting, and the stone work, got me to loosen up and get away from the realism I was struggling with. So with using different colors & shades, and a square headed brush, I put the stones into the greenish background of the wall. I think it gives this painting a unique look that I rather like.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Wow, Nan! That is the kind of outside of a home that I would so love and would to have the money to recreate here myself. I think it is gorgeous and I am saddened that the house has been left to ruin. Sigh...What a beauty!! And what history it must have seen!

martinealison said...

Une peinture aussi puissante que les murs de cette maison... Vous avez magnifiquement bien reproduit les nuances de couleurs de ces pierres... Une belle atmosphère à la Corse.
Gros bisous

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...