Thursday, January 12, 2012

Main Street USA


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas sheet
Available through DPW gallery/auction

This month's Virtual Paintout travels to Summit County, Colorado. And I think this is one of the first travels we've had where Google captured winter & snow!

Summit County is a vast area, with lots of roads to travel about. Areas are in full winter with lots of snow, and other areas are summer with green & trees in bloom with leaves! So much to see & roam around in. This particular scene is in downtown Breckenridge - link to the Google view can be seen here.

I am hoping to have time to do a 2nd painting of this wonderful area - perhaps something a bit more summer-like. But I have to say, a chance to paint all that wonderful snow on all those wonderful trees, summer may have to wait. After all, it's January, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, another favorite, Nan! I think I would love living in this little cottage. My kind of color too!

Jean Nelson Paintings and Photography said...

You have a good eye for composition. I like the way the street sign just pokes up from the corner to announce the scene. Nice painting, Nan.

Virginia Floyd said...

Jean is right, That street sign makes this a terrific composition! Love the shadow pointing towards the building. I also love how dark the building looks in the shadows against the bright sky and snow. Really great painting, Nan!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...