Thursday, December 1, 2011

Cypress with Star variation - SOLD



Acrylic on 8x10 stretched canvas -- ORIGINAL SOLD!
Prints available through Fine Art America


Cropped view of Van Gogh's "Road with Cypress and Star" - this is my variation on Vincent's painting. I have always been captivated by his use of color, his paint strokes, and his vast array of work. But not until I actually attempted reproducing a piece of his work did I realize just how much color & how many paint strokes he put into a single painting. 

The number of colors I used is too large to fully list, but colors were not randomly selected. I thought carefully about my colors - spending time to try side by side srokes on sample paper - just to see how each color would affect the other. Fascinating.

Monet is another of my favorities - and his work with lights & shadows is just as captivating. I may attempt to do a portion of one of his paintings as well. A person can study an artist for years - but until you work to reproduce a portion of it, you never really get the "feel" for the work they did.

So much to learn - and I'm loving every minute of it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice work, Nan! I did this same piece when the Following the Masters blog was going. I really like all the brushwork!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...