Sunday, October 30, 2011

Bowl of Fruit

Acrylic on 9x12 canvas sheet
Available through DPW gallery/auction


This doesn't happen too often, but I have to say, I am in love with this painting. I mean, I like some of the work I do (and I have a fair amount in the 're-do' pile also). But once in a while, something I work on comes out how I envision it. The colors match what is in my mind - the shapes match what I imagine. And it all comes together in a single painting - and I fall in love with it. This is one of those paintings.

This was done for the current Rookie Painter challenge. Jen gave us 3 different photographs to work with - 2 cropped and 1 full image. I chose the full image - don't you just love that bowl?

5 comments:

Jean Nelson Paintings and Photography said...

I can see why you love this painting. I like the rich colors and wonderful lights and shadows. Really nice work, Nan.

renate said...

Hai Nan,

Yes, I love it! Everything fits perfectly together. The reflections are beatifull. Nice job!

irinapictures said...

It turned out very well, I love the tonal structure. I am at a moment in 'pencil lines" period of this challenge photo, hopefully will finish tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Nice work, Nan. My pieces never quite come out how I envision them! LOL

Virginia Floyd said...

Really lovely, Nan! I love the quiet grays in the background and shadow of the bowl, and the shadows of the fruit are rich and deep. Love the simplicity of your brushstrokes in the fruit and the bowl Really gorgeous painting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...