Thursday, October 14, 2010

Peaches in a Row - SOLD


Acrylic on 9x12 canvas sheet
SOLD - prints available through Fine Art America



This was done for a brand new challenge my art friend Margaret Bednar started called "In the Moment." This challenge offers a variety of ways to be involved, by uploading photos or art. Any of the photos uploaded can be used, with permission, to paint. The original for this is a photo submitted by Patty Pitterle. You can check out Patty's blog A Moment In Time - she has some really interesting photos.

A "word" is chosen for each new challenge, in this particular month the word is "labor" and Margaret invites photos and/or paintings of anything that depicts labor. These peaches were labeled a labor of love which is so true. Anyone who has done their own canning or preserves knows the effort that goes into it, and only a love of that labor (and the peaches!) could produce it.

I loved the angle in the original photo & chose to keep it in the painting.

Acrylic on 9x12 canvas

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like this Nancie; very interesting perspectice and composition.

Margaret said...

I am so impressed with your reflected light. At first glance I thought this was a photo. Great job, as usual.

yasha said...

Nancie I wonder how you do this.You have such a lovely technique that gives your work an entirely different feel.

martinealison said...

Régal pour les yeux cette peinture et un régal pour le palet aussi! Bises

SYLVIANE said...

Your jars are Very interesting , Nancy! and again a new challenge!

Virginia Floyd said...

How many times can I tell you I love your painting! This one may be my favorite. I love the black along the top of the lids, and the spot of orange light in the reflections. Just beautiful!

Dusty Pines said...

this is a really nice reimagining of the photo - the colors are great - peaches, glass, lids, highlights!

Nan Johnson said...

Thank you everyone. I can not take credit for the composition, that was entirely Patty's from her photo. I liked it so much I decided to work with it. Again, it's just painting the shapes & colors - I'm having fun with this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...