Thursday, March 11, 2021

The Challenge

 

Maybe I should name this "put the brush down & stop it!" This has been, indeed, a challenge! Taking a deep breath right about now.....

My hats of to floral painters! So much to deal with - no black, very limited white, shapes, shadows, highlights, lost edges, hard edges. I've changed the value of just about every color in this (except the greens of the background). And I had a constant struggle with impression vs realism. 

In the end, I am somewhat happy with this. I love the large rose. My last struggle was with the surrounding roses that are in various stages of blooming. 

I can't guarantee that I am not going to see something in a few days that I just have to tweak. But for now I am calling it done. I have 2 more empty stretched canvas's that are the same size as this (8x10 & 2-1/4 deep). My original plan was to do a 3 painting rose series..... not sure now. Maybe.....


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...