Monday, March 8, 2021

Spring Magnets





While I sit between seasons for new inspiration (happens pretty much every year) I'm trying to not be art-idle. I've had these small (3x3 inch) canvas panels for some time. Always thought to make some hand painted magnets. I have some winter ones that are a bit larger, but I thought these smaller ones would work well.

We recently moved from the NJ home we lived in for years (decades!) to our upstate NY vacation home; it is now our full-time residence. I have always been a gardener & bird-feeder, so intend to do the same in NY. I do know that I have crossed into a different zone for gardening & some of my past attempts have failed after a winter. I will try again! 

What surprised me though was the different birds that come to the feeder. Where before in NJ there were most the small house sparrows, some blue jays and a cardinal pair - now I am seeing Nuthatches, Chickadees & Tufted Titmouse. Also Juneco's. There are Blue Jays occasionally as crows the size of Buick sedans. So far no Cardinals and only 1 lone Mourning Dove who must have lost it's mate (sad). 

I decided to paint these little guys at my feeder, as well as the spring flowers I hope to plant & see. These are all 3x3 inch, hand painted acrylics.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...